Judy Wells is an experienced mediator with decades of experience. She has helped resolve differences between parties by helping each to feel heard and then helping the parties find common ground from which an agreement can be forged. She works well with parties who have attorneys as well as with parties that forego legal representation. (She always encourages attorney involvement.)
Judy’s experience is that when two people come together in anger and frustration, they often compound their problems rather than resolve them. She is a natural peacemaker who works to help individuals who are angry understand the other party. She often sees unique solutions that help both parties get what they really want. This gives her great satisfaction and is her mission in life.
Judy helps resolve disputes in:
Family Conflicts: Divorce, Child Custody, Divorce Modifications, Wills, Probate and CPS (Child Protective Services) cases.
Civil Cases: Landlord/Tenant disputes, Evictions, Retail Matters and Commercial Business Concerns.
Human Resources: Employee Conflicts, Disputes Between Employee and Employer, Termination Conflict.
- TAM: Texas Association of Mediators
- TMAC: Credentialed Distinguished Mediator
- TMTR: Texas Mediation Trainers Roundtable
- IBPA: International Bullying Prevention Association
- Brigham Young University Management Society (Women in Business)
- Volunteer Mediator:
- Houston Dispute Resolution Center
- Fort Bend County Dispute Resolution Center
- Central Brazos Valley Dispute Resolution Center
- Church Youth Group Leader (inner city youth)
- Helping Hands
Positions of Distinction and Designations
- Texas Association of Mediators Breakout Presenter at the 2022 TAM Conference
- 40 Hour Basic Mediation Trainer, Texas A & M 2021 and 2022
- 20 Hour CPS Trainer, Brazos County 2022
- Board Member (three years) Northern Nevada Literacy Council
- Co-chair (two years) Odyssey Charter School
- Board Member (nine years) Odyssey Charter School
- Board Member (two years) Safe Communities Task Force
- Director (2 years) Wilton, Connecticut District Parent Task Force
- Texas and Utah Basic Certificates,
- Advanced Family Certificate
- Domestic Violence Certificate
- Child Education Advocate